Guidelines for the 2014 Bead-It-Forward Project
The theme of the 2014 Bead-It-Forward project is “Turn the tide on breast cancer.” Each piece of donated beadwork must be 1½ x 1½ in. (3.8 x 3.8 cm) square.
You may use any beadwork stitches or other techniques on your square, and you may include beads in any color, shape, or style, but the overall motif of the square must reflect ocean/aquatic/beach motifs.
Each beaded square must be stitched to the center of a 2 x 2-in. (5 x 5 cm) backing, like Lacy's Stiff Stuff beading foundation. Keep in mind:
- Our friend Chris Franchetti Michaels has written an excellent tutorial on attaching your beadwork to the backing.
- Avoid drawing lines on the front side of the backing with pencil, pen, or marker.
- You may dye the backing or color it with permanent markers if you wish.
- All beads and objects must be securely attached to the backing with thread. Glue or tape is not durable enough.
- Do not stitch or draw anything on the exposed backing around the square.
- On the back of your completed square, please print your name in permanent marker and draw an UP arrow to indicate the desired orientation of the square.
- You may submit as many squares as desired, but if possible, please submit them all at once.
Download, print, and fill out the 2014 Submission Form below, and then mail it to us with your completed square(s) by March 3, 2014. Here's our address:
21027 Crossroads Circle
P.O. Box 1612
Waukesha, WI 53187-1612
If your square is not received on or before March 3, 2014
, it will not be included in the Bead-It-Forward project. Likewise, a square that does not conform to the above guidelines will not be included.
By submitting your square(s), you agree to relinquish all rights to your completed square(s) except recognition/acknowledgement of your contribution to the Bead-It-Forward project and the specific quilt/shadowbox/ornament/ other item in which it is featured. All items will be auctioned off at the Bead&Button Show in June 2014. Feel free to email Associate Editor Jane Danley Cruz at email@example.com if you have questions.
Thank you for participating!
Click on the downloadable file below to download and print the 2014 Submission Form.